General terms and conditions of sale
Registering for ESS Les Diablerets activities implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Reservations :
Lessons can be booked by e-mail, by telephone, via our website or on the spot.
The prices indicated include the teaching given by ESS Les Diablerets instructors and exclude all other services (lift passes, equipment, meals unless reserved, insurance).
2. Payment :
Lessons are collected at the time of booking.
You have the possibility to make the payment with the following means:
- Online via this website
- By Credit/Debit Card: Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Maestro, Postcard
- By bank transfer
- In cash
- Gift voucher
3. Monitors :
All our instructors are trained and have a cantonal authorisation to teach skiing or other snow sports.
4. Course conditions :
- For group lessons, the participant has to be to the Meeting Point about 15-20 minutes before lesson. The instructor will give him the participation card and jacket.
- The courses take place in all weathers. Weather conditions are in no way a cause for cancellation or postponement as long as the activity is provided by ESS Les Diablerets.
- ESS Les Diablerets reserves the right to change the pupil’s class if it does not correspond to his/her level.
- The duration of the lessons includes waiting at the lifts and the ascents.
- Latecomers to group lessons are not expected.
- Group courses take place with a minimum of 3 registered participants. When the number of students is insufficient for a class, ESS Les Diablerets reserves the right to group levels, from 2 participants, to reduce the duration to one hour at the same rate or to cancel the course.
- Group lessons are given in French and English.
- Private lessons are given in the language requested, as long as the instructor is available.
- Courses are not postponed or refunded due to the client’s delay at the meeting place.
5. Modification made by the customer :
A reservation can be changed :(Time / Date)
- More than 48 hours, free of charge*, before the start of the 1st course, subject to availability. ( *Net amount)
- In less than 48 hours and during the stay, a 5% administration fee of the initial amount will be charged. (*Except if cancellation insurance is taken out).
6. Cancellation by the client :
6.1 Without taking out cancellation insurance
Any request for course cancellation will be taken into consideration and refunded according to the conditions below.
It is recommended that you take out cancellation insurance which is available when you purchase your course (details below).
For group lessons :
- For more than 7 days, cancellation free of charge *(Exculded creditcard charges ).
- After 48 hours, 10% of the total amount will be charged + creditcard charges
- Within 48 hours, no refund will be made.
For private lessons :
- More than 48 hours, cancellation free of charge* (Exculded creditcard charges )
- After 24 hours, 50% of the amount due will be invoiced + creditcard charges
- Within 24 hours, no refund will be made.
6.2 With subscription to cancellation insurance at the time of booking
– At more than 48 hours, cancellation and modification (*reimbursement of the net amount received by the ESS or amount paid with deduction of the commission)
– Less than 48 hours, cancellation subject to conditions:(*reimbursement of the net amount received by the ESS or amount paid with deduction of the commission)
- Illness with valid medical certificate
- Accident with medical certificate
- Accident/failure/cancellation or delay of the means of transport on the way to the meeting point with proof of travel
- Total closure of the ski area, natural disaster, case of force majeure
- Specificities related to COVID
- In case of modification or postponement
7. Cancellation of courses by ESS Les Diablerets due to the closure of the station because of COVID *without insurance – cancellation
The Swiss Ski School Les Diablerets undertakes to reimburse the lessons with a deduction of 15% for administrative costs or to issue a voucher for next season.
8. Liability :
– ESS Les Diablerets declines all responsibility in the event of an accident, remember to take out insurance.
– ESS Les Diablerets is not responsible for the loss or theft of equipment (gloves, bags, poles, skis, etc….).
9. Litiges :
The parties will endeavour to resolve any difficulties amicably. Any problems should be addressed to the office. If an amicable agreement cannot be reached, only Swiss law shall apply. In the event of legal proceedings, the place of jurisdiction is Lausanne.
Advice for parents
The smooth running of the course is being prepared. Adequate equipment and the child’s enthusiasm will contribute to the success of the course.
- Prepare your child for the ski school to enjoy it.
- Dress your child warmly. Gloves, adapted equipment, ski goggles and sun cream.
- Wearing a helmet is highly recommended.
- Your child must have the participation card with the telephone number of one of the parents.
- Be punctual for the beginning and end of the courses, Thank you!
- Your child progresses at his own pace, he must have fun above all.
- Trust our instructors and do not interfere in the lessons.
- Inform us of any health problems your child may have.
- Don’t focus on the success of a level but on your child’s progress.
- Don’t be disappointed if your child doesn’t pass his or her level and doesn’t get a medal. The important thing is that he had a great holiday.
At Le Diablerets, lift passes are free for children born in 2015 and after. (Magnetic holder worth CHF 5.00 to be purchased).
Cancellation insurance conditions
Cancellation insurance is offered to clients in order to insure the lessons purchased from ESS Les Diablerets in the event of illness, accident or when the lessons do not take place due to the complete closure of the ski area.
The insurer is ESS Les Diablerets.
The policyholder is the client who has purchased courses and taken out “cancellation insurance” with ESS Les Diablerets.
3. Insured items
Courses purchased from ESS Les Diablerets
4. Amount of the premium
5.75% of the total amount of the courses purchased. The amount of the premium is never refunded.
5. Validity of the insurance with ESS Les Diablerets
The insurance takes effect upon purchase until the end of the course period purchased from ESS Les Diablerets.
6. Object of the contract
The insurer guarantees the reimbursement of the courses according to the conditions of the cancellation insurance.
7. Conditions of the cancellation insurance
Cancellation insurance will be effective in the following situations:
- At more than 48 hours, cancellation and modification free of charge.
- Less than 48 hours, cancellation subject to conditions:
- a) In the event of illness of the insured person or his/her legal representative, on presentation of a valid medical certificate issued during the period of validity of the insurance.
- b) In the event of an accident of the insured person or his/her legal representative, on presentation of a valid medical certificate issued during the period of validity of the insurance.
- c) In the event of a breakdown, accident of the private vehicle during the journey to the meeting point (excluding breakdowns due to fuel or key problems) upon presentation of proof.
- d) In case of total closure of the ski area.
- (e) In case of specificities related to COVID.
- f) * In the event of modification or postponement, administrative costs are not charged.
- The customer must inform ESS Les Diablerets within the period of validity of the cancellation insurance and provide the supporting documents as soon as possible.
- Reimbursement is made within a maximum of 30 days to the IBAN account that the insured has communicated to ESS Les Diablerets.
- Bank charges are to be paid by the customer
9. Legal basis
This contract is subject to Swiss law. In addition, the provisions of the Swiss Federal Law on Insurance Contracts (VVG) and the Swiss Code of Obligations (OR) apply.
10. Exclusions from cover
All situations other than those mentioned under point 7.Drunkenness, intentional acts and dols, conscious disregard of official prohibitions.